Zimbabwe Republic Police Recruitment 2022/2023
Tips for Zimbabwe Republic Police Recruitment 2022/2023. How to Apply for the Zimbabwe Republic Police Recruitment 2022/2023.
Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Recruitment, Selection and Appointments
Recruitment into the ZRP for General Duty Constables is a decentralized process that commences at a Local Police Station. This is meant to reach a majority of persons in all corners of the country. The advertisement of the process is undertaken by the Officer in Charge, Community Relations Liaison Officers and the Public Relations wing of the ZRP through Local Media, Community meetings and various Career Guidance activities.
Availability of vacancies is communicated to the Staff Officer Recruiting from the Human Resources Department of the Zimbabwe Republic Police.
1. Entry level
- The rank on attestation for Regular General Duty members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police is Constable.
2. Entry Qualifications
To meet the minimum requirements for appointment into the Force in the rank of Constable, applicants:
- Must be not less than 18 and not more than 22 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must have passed a minimum of five Ordinary Level subjects with Grade C or better in not more than three sittings, of which English Language and Mathematics are compulsory.
- Should be of exemplary character.
- Should have a good background with no criminal record or pending criminal prosecution.
- Must fulfil health requirements as recommended by a Police Medical Officer
3. Provincial Recruiting
- To ensure that all sections of the population are adequately catered for, each Province is allocated a certain number of places in each squad [of 21 Recruits] commencing training. The figure is based on the ratio of the population of each Province to the total population of the whole country.
- The population statistics to be used shall be those supplied by the Central Statistics Office.
4. Zimbabwe Republic Police Recruitment Application Procedure
- Any person seeking an appointment into the Police Service in the rank of Constable shall approach the Officer in Charge of the Police Station nearest to his residence for enquiries.
- The Officer in Charge of the Police Station so approached will personally interview the applicant to ensure that he meets the minimum requirements laid down and is, in all other respects, suitable for appointment into the Service.
- The Officer in Charge may also reject any applicant who does not meet the minimum requirements, at the same time, encouraging any applicant who may not meet the required requirements to re-apply at a later date.
- The applicant’s fingerprints are recorded and vetted to ensure unsuitable elements do not find their way into the Organisation.
- Pre-entry Tests (Aptitude Tests) are held at Provincial and other approved centres where applicants are subjected to assessments to determine their suitability to join the Service. This also includes a physical test and a panel board interview.
- Successful applicants have not assured employment but are placed on a Provisional Waiting List kept at Police General Headquarters.
- When vacancies do occur in the Service, names of applicants to be considered for appointment are drawn from the Waiting List on a First Come First Served Criterion.
5. Applications to join the Service as Technicians and other Specialists
- As a general rule, all Technicians for the various Trades within the Zimbabwe Republic Police are Tradesmen who must have served a recognised apprenticeship and qualified as Journeymen in Class 1 and 2 Category with the formal education of up to Ordinary Level.
- Technicians include apart from Tradesman, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers, Chaplains and ICT Officers.
- Applications for this Category are submitted to Police General Headquarters when responding to advertisements for vacant posts. These are addressed to the Staff Officer [Recruiting], Police General Headquarters, P O Box CY 34 Causeway Harare.
The ZRP Rank Structure
The Zimbabwe Republic Police Rank structure as a package of authority also forms the general career path of the Organisation which is achieved through a structured promotion exercise. Every promotion comes with an approved motivational package set by the Commissioner-General of Police from time to time.
Table of Ranks
|1||Commissioner General of Police|
|2||Deputy Commissioner General of Police|
|3||Commissioner of Police|
General Career Opportunities
Professional Updating Centres
These are internal training centres for serving members to update them, members, through training, with the knowledge to discharge their duties better.
In line with the Organisational Training Policy, the serving members have competitive opportunities to study at the Police Staff College, Government Colleges and Universities. For specific courses, some members and officers are seconded to training centres regionally and internationally. This also covers Motor Vehicle Driving Schools which are managed by the Organisation.
Branches of the Zimbabwe Republic Police
To ensure that the Zimbabwe Republic Police complies with its constitutional mandate and that members of the public access its services 24 hours round the clock, the Organisation is divided into several and well-coordinated Branches. The Branches automatically define specific career opportunities and paths.
- The Duty Uniform Branch – this performs the bulk of the Organisation’s services with members performing their duties in uniform.
- The Support Unit Branch – is the military wing of the Zimbabwe Republic Police with members performing duties in uniform and armed with specific weapons.
- The Technicians Branch – this comprises members with specific trades and specialized technical skills.
- Criminal Investigations Department – this comprises members trained in special skills of Crime Investigations operating in civilian attire.
- Police Protection Unit – the Unit is assigned to manage the Presidential Motorcade and provision of security to VVIPs and Diplomats.
All members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police have opportunities to join any of these branches based on special qualifications, skills or attributes. These may be developed internally or externally.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP