Sponsored LinksYou are welcome to ZweFinder.net. Find on our website, all your authentic educational and Job news.
Women’s University in Africa Diploma in Social Work
Women’s University in Africa Diploma in Social Work – Details of WUA University in Africa Diploma in Social Work
These regulations should be read in conjunction with the General Academic Regulations (GAR) for Certificates and Diplomas for the Women’s University in Africa (WUA). The regulations shall be subject to approval by the University Academic Board and Senate, and shall basically include objectives of the programme, provision to admission and courses as well as scheme of examinations of the same. The Diploma in Social Work shall be awarded to students who have successfully completed the course in accordance with the Regulations below. These regulations apply only to students registered for the Diploma in Social Work. See Also: Women’s University in Africa Intake
The students shall acquire the following:
- Familiarity with the models of social work practice and their usefulness and limitations.
- An understanding of the theories underlying practice and practice decisions;
- An understanding of the social work code of ethics and its relevance to practice.
- A commitment to social justice, with the professional goal of interrupting oppression as it is manifested in clients’ lives and in society.
- Practice skills, assessment, differential planning, the carrying out of interventions, the evaluation of practice and its outcomes and termination.
- The ability to understand the multiple and complex reasons for client situations and actions including the “positives” within client problems.
- The ability to have a perspective on one’s actions as a practioner and to use oneself deliberately and ethically to effect change.
Subject to provisions of the University Academic Regulations for admission, the following entry requirements shall apply:
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level passes including English Language at grade C or better.
- Exemption from courses
Applicants who possess the above minimum entry requirements and have passed the certificate in social work may be exempted from some of the courses of the Diploma in Social Work upon acceptance to the Diploma course.
Duration of Programme
The Diploma in Social Work shall take two years full-time to complete. It shall be offered on a semesterised basis.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP