University of Rwanda Biotechnology Course
University of Rwanda Biotechnology Course – Biotechnology Course offered at University of Rwanda
Find the Biotechnology Course offered at University of Rwanda. Browse through for the details of Biological Course including the Admission Requirements and Career prospects that is associated with Biotechnology Course.
University of Rwanda Admission for 2023-2024
View all Course details such Admission Requirements, Courses duration, mode of study as well as Course outline.
Outline of University of Rwanda Biotechnology Course
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biology (Biotechnology)
College: College of Science and Technology(CST)
School: School of Science
Campus: Nyarugenge Campus
Study level: Bachelors
Period of study: 3 Years
University of Rwanda Biotechnology Course Admission Requirements
To be admitted, the applicant must satisfy: Two principal passes with at least twenty one (21) points in the following subjects: Biology and Chemistry from the following subject combinations:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology;
- Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.
The Department may set its own higher entry requirements for the program
University of Rwanda Bio-Technology Course Learning Outcomes/ Career prospects
1. Construct and apply biological knowledge and skills, understand the nature of science in biotechnology-related contexts, and appreciate the relationships between biological science and other disciplines;
2. Be aware of the social, health, ethical, economic, environmental and technological implications of biotechnology, and be able to help concerned bodies to make informed decisions and judgments on biology-related issues;
3. Enhance the availability of workforce in different industries such as medical and pharmaceutical research, forensic, toxicology and food safety investigation, manufacturing and processing technology, environment cleaning, etc.
4. Develop and maintain an interest in biological science, a sense of wonder and curiosity about the living world, and a respect for all living things and the environment;
5. Develop the ability to make scientific inquiries; think scientifically, critically and creatively; and solve biotechnology-related problems individually and collaboratively;
6. Understand the language of science and communicate ideas and views on biotechnology-related issues;
7. Develop an attitude of responsible citizenship, and a commitment to promote personal and community health.
8. Demonstrate the ability to understand the interconnectivity between biotechnology and other science subjects, make use of their complementarity to solve challenging situations, start new small companies and apply acquired skills and competences.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP