UNISA Admission Requirements 2024/2025
UNISA Admission Requirements 2024/2025 – Details of UNISA Admission Requirements 2024/2025
Requirements / APS
General Admission Requirements
- The admission requirements at UNISA are dependent on the type of qualification you want to apply to.
- If you don’t meet the criteria for a certain qualification, you may still qualify for alternative qualifications or extended Courses.
- Students who completed Grade 12 at the ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) School of Tomorrow may no longer be accepted at UNISA (current students may however complete their studies).
UNISA Admission Requirements for Specific Qualifications
Applying for admission
Who must apply for admission?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and applicants who previously applied for admission but were not offered a space.
- Everyone completing a higher certificate must apply for admission to a follow-on qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
When can I apply?
Applications for admission to Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2024.
I’m currently in Grade 12. When should I apply?
If you are in Grade 12 this year (2024), please apply for admission from 1 September to 14 October 2024 for the 2024 academic year.
How many qualifications can I apply for?
You can apply for a maximum of two qualifications. You may be offered a space based on the following: whether you meet the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your minimum points score and the number of spaces available for the qualification for which you have applied.
How do I apply?
Visit the Unisa application website (www.unisa.ac.za/apply) and follow the 5-step process.
I applied in the previous application period but did not upload the required supporting documents and/or pay the application fee. What must I do?
You must re-apply for admission during the relevant application period. Your student number allocated to you as part of your previous application remains valid.
I studied previously through Unisa. Must I also submit my academic record?
Yes, please obtain this information from myUnisa and submit your academic record as part of the application process. Please note that you do not need to get this academic record certified, as Unisa can verify the information against the Unisa database.
Will I still be able to submit any outstanding documents after applications have closed?
No. Unisa will not accept any late applications or documents submitted after the closing date for applications. You will need to re-apply during the next application period.
Will I be able to change my two proposed qualification after I have submitted my application for 2024 (even for Grade 12 applicants)?
No qualification can be added or changed once an application has been submitted. You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications during the application process. You may want to consider applying for a lower-level qualification as your second choice.
Current or returning Unisa students who wish to change to a new qualification/specialisation may ONLY apply for this change during the relevant application period.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP