Solusi University Theology Program Offered
Solusi University Theology Course – See Details of Solusi University Theology Course
The management of Solusi University wish to invite prospective student to apply for Theology Course offered at the Polytechnic.
The Theology Course is offered under the department of Theology & Religious Studies among other various courses. See Also: Solusi University Intake
The mission of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies is to develop and prepare pastors and scholars in Religion; through instruction and fellowship to serve God, the church and society as commissioned by the Lord Jesus Christ.
The faculty of Theology and Religious Studies believe that God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, and in love He sent Jesus as atonement for the sins of humanity. It is God that has commissioned us to advance His work of reconciling human beings to God and to fellow men, and to do the work of restoring the image of God in humanity in preparation for the return of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
The aims and objectives of the Department of Theology & Religious Studies are stated broadly below to:
- Provide adequate content in all courses, covering biblical, historical, linguistic, professional and theological fields in order to enhance the students’ effectiveness as servants in their chosen fields.
- Impart theological and religious knowledge that is biblically, culturally and contextually grounded, and relevant to the realities in Africa.
- Equip students for general and specialised services with sound biblical knowledge, principles, methods, and procedures for doing effective ministry.
- Promote engagement and participation in religious activities that are intended to deepen the spiritual life.
- Foster a stimulating academic and professional environment that provide for development of critical but responsible appraisal and examination of different belief systems and world views.
Admission requirements for this Faculty and Department are stipulated in the admission section of this bulletin. The applicant must have five O’ levels and at least two subjects at A’ levels. International applicants from other countries are admissible if they qualify to enter a university programme in their home country. Students from countries that require O-levels for university entry are required to complete the Pre-University Programme. (See the Pre-University Programme section in this bulletin) Students may also be admitted on the basis of successful completion of the Mature Age Entrance Examination at Solusi University.
For the Certificate in Chaplaincy with Theology & Religious studies, a minimum of 5 “O” level passes including English language is required.
The degrees offered by the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies provides ample opportunities for graduates to be employed in and out of church settings. The Department of Theology and Religious Studies equips pastors with professional training to serve the Church in its various organizational structures while the Department of Religious Studies provides students with academic qualifications leading to various forms of services such as teaching religion in schools, counselling, health, legal, and social services, etc.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP