IPRC Kigali Courses Offered for 2023-2024
The IPRC Kigali Courses for 2023-2024. Courses offered at Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Kigali (IPRC Kigali)
Find all the Courses offered at IPRC Kigali. Browse through the list we have provided below for all the courses including; short Courses, Undergraduate Courses and Postgraduate Courses offered at IPRC Kigali.
Click for info on IPRC Kigali Admission for 2023-2024
View all Courses details such Admission Requirements, Courses duration, mode of study as well as Course outline.
IPRC Kigali offers a number of various course. Below are IPRC Kigali Courses offered
Click for IPRC Kigali Short Courses for 2023-2024
IPRC Kigali Department of Civil Engineering Courses Offered
- Civil Engineering
IPRC Kigali Department of Creative Art Courses Offered
The department of Creative Arts started in the 2023/2024 academic year. It is composed of the following three (3) programs:
- Fashion Design
- Film Making and TV Productions
- Graphic Design and Animations
IPRC Kigali Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Courses Offered
1. ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY (ELT)
An electrical technician will be involved in designing, developing, and maintaining electrical control systems, machinery, and equipment. The technician is working in a very wide range of sectors, including transport networks, power generation, transmission and distribution, and building services.
2. ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION (ETT)
Electronics and Telecommunication technicians use their technical expertise to provide a range of services and engineering solutions revolving around different modes of communication and information transfer, such as wireless telephony services, radio and satellite communications, internet and broadband technologies.
3. ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY (EMT)
It provides strong combined skills in electrical, mechanical, and electronics, an electromechanical technicians will be able to maintain and repair electro-mechanical equipment including drive systems, different sensor systems, cabling, and automatic production equipment; work with mechanical and/or electrical engineers to install and evaluate electromechanical systems and build mock-ups of production equipment.
4. BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY(BMET)
From electric wheelchairs to nuclear imaging devices and surgical robots, a Biomedical Equipment Technician/Technologist (‘BMET’) will ensure the safety and proper functioning of medical equipment in health facilities. The professional technician from BMET in healthcare serviceswill ensure the safety of both patients and equipment for diagnostics, monitoring, and technology management for successful treatment.
5. MECHATRONICS TECHNOLOGY (MCT)
It offers skills in Industrial automation; Technicians will be able to maintain and operate modern industries through different systems. Work with mechanical and/or electrical engineers to install and evaluate electromechanical systems; and build mock-ups of production equipment.
IPRC Kigali Department of Information Communication and Technology Courses Offered
1. Information Technology (IT)
In this option the students acquire skills in:
- ICT Essentials; PC Maintenance and Computer Literacy.
- Data structures and Algorithms
- Computer Programming Languages (C, Java, C#, Python, PHP)
- Web applications Development
- Mobile applications Development
- Networking and Network Security
- Database Management Systems (MySQL, Oracle, Postgresql)
IPRC Kigali Department of Mechanical Engineering Courses Offered
1. Automobile Technology
The programme combines skills and knowledge required to diagnose, analyse, evaluate, design and modify different automotive engineering systems such as mechanical, electrical and electronics, safety, software, etc., to provide a better understanding and maintenance services for different types of vehicles.
2. Production and Manufacturing Technology
The option deals with different manufacturing practices and includes: design and development of systems, processes, machines, tools and equipment. It focuses on turning raw materials into a new or updated product in the most economic, efficient and effective possible way. It also includes maintenance and mechanical machines in different industries. Manufacturing engineers have a high level of technical expertise and skills, which they use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimize and monitor manufacturing processes. Plan and carry out installation, maintenance and repair of plant, machines and equipment. Design tools and jigs and produce proto-type of such items.
3. Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
Cooling and heating systems help to regulate the temperature, humidity, and air quality for residential homes, hospitals, commercial locations and industrial facilities. These systems are made up of many different parts, including electrical, mechanical, and electronic parts.
4. Aircraft Maintenance Technology
5. Mechatronics Technology
IPRC Kigali Department of Mining Engineering Courses Offered
The department has the option of Mining Technology in Diploma and advanced Diploma levels as wells short courses certificate of mining operators. Our mining graduates have great practice in the mining, mineral identification and mineral processing.
The curriculum of mining technology covers:
- The fundamental concepts, principles and theories of Mining Engineering.
- Mine plans and designs, Mining Methods, Geology Specifications and its types
- Environmental aspects, mine safety, mine legislations,
- Installation of Ventilation and Environmental Engineering
- Mining Machineries, Materials handling equipment, maintenance and repairs and its optimum usage and mine assets management
- Surveying and its applications in Mining engineering
- Basic computing skills, English and communication skills, Applied Mathematics, Basic Sciences and Engineering sciences relevant to Mining engineering
- Geo-technics, rock breakage and use of blasting technology
- Mineral economics, entrepreneurship and management techniques relevant to Mining Engineering.
- Mineral beneficiation principles
IPRC Kigali Department of Transport and Logistic Courses Offered
The department of Transport and Logistics Department started in the 2021/2022 academic year. It is composed of the following two (2) programs:
- Airline and Airport Management (AAM)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP