Inscape Education Group Courses 2024/2025
Inscape Education Group Courses – Courses offered at Inscape Education Group
Find all the Course offered at Inscape Education Group. Browse through a list of all short Course, professional Course, certificate, diploma Course offered at Inscape Education Group. Inscape Education Group Online Application
Inscape Education Group offers a number of various course. Below are Inscape Education Group Courses offered
Inscape Education Group Postgraduate Course
This Bachelor of Arts Honours in Design qualification holds 120 credits and is offered at an NQF level 8 (SAQA ID: 105124). The course is offered either in one-year full time, or two-year part time.
The aim of this Honours qualification is to expand your existing knowledge, understanding and experience of design as a process and a way of thinking. Postgraduate studies also serve to refine your professional expertise in your chosen discipline by exploring fundamental theories, you will gain specialist knowledge and techniques in your chosen field of design at an advanced level when completing real-world relevant research and design projects.
To further develop your professional capabilities in applying design thinking to complex problems we will challenge you to design in different contexts. These contexts include; sustainability, industry and entrepreneurship, user experience, project management, online education and communities. Successfully completing the qualification prepares you for further postgraduate study by providing the opportunity to learn about research methodologies, techniques and methods and to apply these to a capstone project in your design discipline. The course aims to equip you to contribute in a constructive way to the professional practice of design and the future of design as a powerful transformational tool that may positively influence the economy, the environment and society.
Students complete all core subjects and two electives, course subjects include;
- Research methodology (core)
- Design innovation (core)
- Service design (core)
- Applied writing (core)
- Research dissertation (core)
- Practical portfolio (core)
- Sustainable design (elective)
- Commercial design (elective)
- User experience design (elective)
- Project management (elective)
- Design for instruction (elective)
In the core subjects Research Methodology, Design Innovation and Applied Writing you will learn more about where design has come from and where it may be going in the future. You will learn how to apply sound research skills to innovative projects, plus how to communicate their concepts, ideas, strategies and plans on a variety of platforms for both academic and industry audiences. The other core subjects include Service Design where all students participate in a group project aimed to solve a real-world problem in an industry or community context. In the Research Dissertation and Practical Portfolio, you will complete an in-depth investigation in an aspect of their design discipline.
In the first semester of the course you may select two of the following elective subjects:
- Sustainable design which considers design as an approach that can be used to positively influence society and the environment. It includes theories and strategies that consider the environment, communities and ethics in defining and generating design solutions. Students develop the knowledge and skills that will assist with research, collaboration and facilitation during this type of design process.
- Commercial design addresses the business and entrepreneurial context that design practitioners function in. Setting up and running a business as well as funding and leadership will be covered. Design business and the field of specialisation are positioned within commercial, legal and ethical contexts.
- User experience design contextualises design for the user and students learn to identify how design can be used to communicate, interact and collaborate with users, in order to positively enhance their experience.
- Project management aims to take students through the process of project management and how these principles are applied in the different design disciplines. Students will be exposed to a number of approaches to Project Management and will apply the principles and processes to a project within their field of design specialisation.
- Design for instruction guides students through the digital world of learning, teaching them to design, develop, and deliver instructional products and experiences. Through the design of the learning journey students will be exposed to theoretical models and digital tools to better the learning experience and support deep and meaningful learning.
- Projects completed at this level will ultimately assist you to refine your techniques, knowledge and understanding of the design discipline as well as equip you to continue with studies at a master’s level.
Inscape Education Group Degree Course
Inscape Education Group bachelor’s degree qualifications are registered on the NQF at Exit Level 7 with a minimum of 360 credits. Enhance your career prospects by studying at degree level, with a range of full-time study options. Experience student life at its best.
- Bachelor of Design – SAQA ID 79830
- Bachelor of Arts Digital Marketing and Communication – SAQA ID 111310
- BA Digital Marketing and Communication
- BDes Audio Visual Design
- BDes Environmental Design
- BDes Fashion Design
- BDes Graphic Design
- BDes Ideation Design
- BDes Interaction Design
- BDes Interior Design
- BDes Jewellery Design
Inscape Education Group Diploma Course
Inscape Education Group Diplomas in Interior Design (SAQA 48440) and Graphic Design (SAQA 48438) are hands on, practical courses that speak to the individual who wants to ‘do’ design.
These courses are primarily professional, vocational or industry specific. The knowledge emphasises general principles and application. The purpose of the Diploma is to develop graduates who can demonstrate focused knowledge and skills in a particular field. Typically they will have gained experience to apply such knowledge and skills in a workplace context. A depth and specialisation of knowledge, together with practical skills and experience in the workplace, enable successful students to enter a number of career paths and to apply their learning to particular employment contexts from the outset. Vocational diploma programmes typically include a simulated work experience or work integrated learning (WIL) component.
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
Inscape Education Group Higher Certificate Course
The Higher Certificates are qualifications registered on the NQF at Exit Level 5 with a minimum of 120 credits.
A Higher Certificate is a one-year; full time face to face learning course or two-year part time distance learning course that allows students the opportunity to work towards accessing a higher qualification like a Degree or Diploma. Students choosing to use the Higher Certificate to advance their studies, still need to meet institutional entrance requirements. The Higher Certificate allows for quick entry into the job market, providing hands on skills. An industry relevant Higher Certificate will include work integrated learning as part of the curriculum to prepare you for the working world.
- Architectural Technology
- Design Techniques
- Fashion Design
- Interior Decorating
- Architectural Technology
- Fashion Design
- Interior Decorating