Sponsored LinksYou are welcome to ZweFinder.net. Find on our website, all your authentic educational and Job news.
How To Network Two Computers By Sharing Files from Windows to Windows
- Connect the two computers with an Ethernet cable. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your two computers to one another.
- Open Start
. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Make sure that you do this on the computer from which you’re sharing files.
- Open Control Panel. Type in control panel, then click Control Panel when it appears at the top of the Start window.
- Click Network and Internet. You’ll find this heading on the left side of the Control Panel window.
- If your Control Panel page has “Small icons” or “Large icons” written in the top-right corner, skip this step.
- Click Network and Sharing Center. It’s in the middle of the page.
- Click Advanced sharing settings. This link is in the upper-left corner of the window.
- Turn on file sharing. Check the “Turn on file and printer sharing” box below the “File and printer sharing” heading in the middle of the page.
- Share a folder. To do so:
- Go to the folder’s location in File Explorer.
- Select the folder that you want to share.
- Click the Share tab.
- Click Specific people…
- Select Everyone from the drop-down menu at the top of the window.
- Click Share
- Click Done
- Open the other computer’s File Explorer. Click the File Explorer icon, or open Start and click there.
- Click your first computer’s name. You’ll find it below the Network heading on the left side of the File Explorer window.
- You may have to scroll down to find this option.
- Copy the shared folder onto your second computer. Click the folder that you want to copy, press Ctrl+C, go to a folder in which you want to store it, and press Ctrl+V.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP