How To Gain Weight By Building Muscle Mass
Build your muscles with strength training. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you’ll gain weight as you build muscle. Get some strength training exercise at least twice a week. You can strength train at home by doing crunches, lunges, and squats. Lift weights, exercise with kettle bells and medicine balls, or use tubes.
- If you belong to a gym, you can train on the weight machines.
- Sign up for a Pilates class.
- Take a class or watch an exercise video before embarking on a new form of exercise.
- Remember, stop if you are in pain. If something hurts, you are at risk of injury.
- Get aerobic exercise. Regular aerobic activity won’t pack on the muscle as quickly as strength-training, but it will help you balance your workout routine. Cardiovascular exercises strengthen your heart, improve or manage some chronic health conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes, and give you more stamina throughout the day.
- Cardio exercises can include: jogging or walking, biking, swimming or hiking.
- If you’re performing aerobic exercises and are having trouble maintaining your weight, you may need to decrease the intensity, frequency, or duration of your aerobic exercises.
- Eat before and after your workout. Carbohydrates will help your stamina before you work out, while carbohydrates and protein together will help your muscles heal after you work out.
- Get a small meal or a snack in at least an hour before exercising.
- If you have eaten a large meal, wait three to four hours before you exercise.
- Good post-exercise snacks might include peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt and fruit, chocolate milk and crackers, or a smoothie with milk, yogurt, or whey protein.
- See a personal trainer. If you’re having trouble finding a workout routine that works for you, a personal trainer can get you on track. They’ll be able to guide you through specific exercises or routines that can help you add weight.
- Check at a local gym for a trainer. Many times you can see a trainer there and they may even offer a discounted consult for your first visit.
- Talk to your trainer about your weight and goals. Tell them you’re interested in healthy weight gain.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP