How To Edit PDF File Using Preview on Mac
Open a PDF document in the Preview app. Do so by double-clicking on the blue Preview icon that looks like overlapping snapshots, then clicking on File in the menu bar and Open… in the drop-down menu. Select a file in the dialog box and click on Open.
- Preview is Apple’s native image viewer app that’s automatically included with most versions of Mac OS.
- Click Tools in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Annotate. It’s in the middle of the drop-down menu.
- Click Text. It’s in the middle of the drop-down menu. A text box with the word “Text” will appear in the middle of the document.
- A toolbar will appear at the top of the window.
- Click on and drag the text to position it where you want it on the document.
- Click A. It’s on the right side of the toolbar just above the document. A dialog box will open.
- Type the text you’d like to add to the PDF document.
- Click the Signature icon at the top of the window to create a signature.
- Click the signature to add it to the document.
- Use the cursor to place and size the signature. Click on the document when you’re done.
- There are also drawing and shape tools in the toolbar that you can use to add a sketch or shape to the document.
- Click View in the menu bar.
- Click Thumbnails. Thumbnail images of your document’s pages will appear on the left side of the document.
- Drag the thumbnails up or down to rearrange the page order of the document.
- Click Tools in the menu bar. Select from the following to edit your PDF:
- Click Adjust Color… to change the color of text
- Click Adjust Size… to make text larger or smaller
- Click Rotate Left to rotate the entire document counterclockwise
- Click Rotate Right to rotate the entire document clockwise
- Click “Flip Horizontal” to invert a selected object from one side or another along a vertical axis
- Click “Flip Vertical” to invert a selected object up or down along a horizontal axis
- Click Crop to leave the selected text or object visible and mask the rest of the PDF document
- Not all elements of a PDF may be editable.
- Click File in the menu bar and Save in the drop-down menu. Your text additions are now saved in the PDF document.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP