Sponsored LinksYou are welcome to ZweFinder.net. Find on our website, all your authentic educational and Job news.
How Set up a Mac-Based Computer Network
- Confirm that you have the necessary equipment. In order to create a MAC/Apple-based network, an AirPort Wi-Fi network hub or switch is required. The AirPort is a networking device that can be ordered online or purchased from a local computer and electronics retailer.
- Run the AirPort Utility installation CD included with the device at the time of purchase. Follow the instructions provided by the wizard to complete the installation process for the airport’s utility program.
- Click the WiFi icon located on the upper-right corner of the menu bar and select “AirPort On,” from the pull-down menu. The AirPort Utility will attempt to automatically detect the AirPort Hub. If successful, the AirPort Hub will become visible in the pull-down menu just underneath the AirPort On/Off menu options.
- Identify the AirPort hub within the list of available networking devices. Each AirPort hub has a unique identification number (MAC-ID) which is printed on the bottom of the device. Confirm that your device appears in the list of available devices located in the Wi-Fi pull-down menu in the menu bar on the desktop.
- Place a check next to the AirPort’s MAC-ID in the pull-down menu to activate the device. The “AirPort Utility” dialog box will open on the desktop.
- Press “Continue” to set up the computer network in “Assisted Mode.”
- Enter a name for the network in the “Wireless Network Name” field. Enter a name for the AirPort hub also called the “base station” in the”Base Station Name” field and click “Continue.”
- Enter a password for the network in the “Security Key” field.
- Select the appropriate country option and radio mode and click “Continue.“
- Choose a network security level and click “Continue.” Select the appropriate Internet connection method and click “Continue” again to complete the set up process. Other computers and devices can now connect to the network by providing the network name and password information created in the previous steps.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP