Hillside Teachers’ College Choir Details
Hillside Teachers’ College Choir Details – Details of Hillside Teachers’ College Choir Details
Hillside Teachers’ College Choir and Music Education
Hillside Teachers College Contact Details
Hillside Teachers College Logo
Hillside Teachers College Intake
Hillside Teachers College Entry Requirements
Hillside Teachers College Graduation
Hillside Teachers College Application Form
Hillside Teachers College Email Address
Hillside Teachers College Fees
- The subject falls under Practicals Department.
- The subject is offered as either Main study 1 or Main study 2 for administration purposes.
- It is done on a 2-2-2 model (Two terms at college, two terms on teaching practice and the last two terms at college).
• Prospective students for the subject usually do not have formal music education.
• These are students who meet the minimum entry requirements to train as Secondary school teachers in the Arts.
• First priority is given to students with a formal music background and those who can play instruments.
• In addition, the prospective students should have flair in music.
- Theory of Music
- History and Development of Music
Students are introduced to 4 instruments (Marimba, Mbira, Guitar and Piano). They are examined in one Western and one African instrument.
b) Choral Work/ Voice
All students do choral work and voice training.
THEORY OF MUSIC
a) Staff Notation
This is done up to Grade 5 ABRSM
b) Tonic Solfa
Done up to a competitive level
HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF MUSIC
This has two sub- sections i.e. African Music Education and Non- African Music Education
This is emphasised when students are assumed to have grasped the rudiments of music. Through their teaching practice in the third term of their first year and the first term of their second year, students are able to demonstrate how they link theory with practice. This serves to emphasise the methodology they would have done in Professional Studies.
This is done by students who will be taking the subject as Main Study 1.
It is always hoped that at the end of the course the graduating students will have acquired basic knowledge, skills and attitude to build on so as to become the ideal music educator.
Hillside Teachers College Intake Application Form
Hillside Teachers College Bulawayo Zimbabwe
Hillside Teachers College Courses
Hillside Teachers College Choir
Hillside Teachers College Application Form Download
Hillside Teachers College Facebook Page
Hillside Teachers College Interview Results
Hillside Teachers College Interview Questions
Hillside Teachers College Location
Hillside Teachers College Phone Numbers
Hillside Teachers College Website
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP