Harare Institute of Technology Software Engineering
Harare Institute of Technology Software Engineering Course – See Details of (HIT) Harare Institute of Technology Software Engineering Course
School of Information Science & Technology – Software Engineering
Software Engineering’s main goal is to develop systematic models and reliable techniques for producing high-quality software on time and within budget, and these concerns extend all the way from theory and principles to daily practice. The domain of Software Engineering extends through systems infrastructure and also organizational issues. The graduates of this programme are Software Engineers and should be prepared to meet the Software Engineering needs of business, government, healthcare, schools, and other kinds of organizations.
Software Engineers are interested in designing and developing information systems that are appropriate to the client organization.
The programme is designed such that on completion of its courses, the graduates should be able to:
- Create technopreneurs in the field of Software Engineering.
- Analyze, identify and define the Software Engineering requirements appropriate to various problems .
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Analyze the local and global impact of software engineering on individuals, organizations and society.
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for software engineering practice.
Entry requirements for acceptance to this programme are:
- At least two A` Level passes including Mathematics and Physics or Computer Science or any other relevant Science subject OR
- ND, HND in Information Technology OR equivalent.
- Candidates must comply with Section 3.0 of the General Regulations.
- Software development using various programming languages
- Software Testing
- Systems support and maintenance.
- Project Management.
- Technopreneurship skills
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Leadership skills and proctiveness
- Teramworking skills
- Communication skills
- Information management & lifelong learning skills
- Learning skills
- Ethics and integrity
- Software Engineering Entrepreneurs
- Applications Software Engineer.
- Software developer.
- Computer Programmer.
- Systems Analyst.
- Systems Engineer.
- Computer and information systems managers.
The programme is a four year full-time programme of study
The academic year with the exception of year three, is divided into two semesters, with each semester being of fifteen weeks duration, including examination time. Year three consists of internship of 30 weeks duration (One academic year). Alternatively, students can do in-house training of 30 weeks duration (One academic year).
For year 1,2 and 4, the academic year normally commences in August and concludes in May.
A semester will normally comprise a total of 15 weeks, of which12 weeks are assigned to actual teaching, 1 week to revision and 2 weeks to examination.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP