Harare Institute of Technology Electrical Engineering
Harare Institute of Technology Electrical Engineering Courses – Electrical Engineering Courses offered at Harare Institute of Technology
Find all the Electrical Engineering Course offered at Harare Institute of Technology. Browse through a list of all Engineering Courses, professional, certificate, diploma and Degree Courses offered at Harare Institute of Technology. See Also: Harare Institute of Technology Intake
Note: Harare Institute of Technology does not directly offer Electrical Engineering but rather the university offer Bachelor of Technology Honours Electronic Engineering degree under the school of Engineering and Technology.
Bachelor of Technology Honours Electronic Engineering
The Bachelor of Technology Honours Electronic Engineering degree is meant to produce well developed technopreneurs in measurement, instrumentation and control; computer and circuit design; software engineering; photonics; aspects of nanotechnology; metrology; communication and signal processing. The degree is premised on innovation, functional prototype construction and real-time solutions to community lifestyle challenges.
The programme’s operational desire is to inculcate technopreneural skills and habits in the application of electronic engineering to industrial growth and development.
The educational mission of the programme is to train technopreneurs in electronic engineering. In pursuit of this mission, the curriculum emphasises the principles and applications of modern electronic engineering to fully enhance technical cognition while developing the ability to put knowledge into practice for the benefit of all mankind.
- To build an understanding of the mathematical and scientific principles that
constitute the foundation of electronic engineering.
- To develop an understanding of contemporary electronic engineering systems and
technologies through a rigorous study of the appropriate theories and practices.
- To model and analyse the dynamics of a wide range of electronic technological
- To develop abilities of creativity and innovativeness as an approach to problem
solving through multidisciplinary networking and teamwork.
- To instil habits of good workmanship, sound engineering traits and ethics that
govern and improve community lifestyles.
- To design, test and troubleshoot advanced electronic devices and systems.
Entry requirements for acceptance into this programme are:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics and a third approved subject such as Computer Science or Engineering Drawing.
- National Diploma (ND) in either Electronic Engineering or Electric Power Engineering and Control & Instrumentation plus a minimum of two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in either Electronic Engineering or Electric Power Engineering and Control & Instrumentation.
- Candidates must comply with section 3.0 of the General Academic Regulations of the Bachelor of Technology Honours Degree Programmes.
- Capacity to synthesize electronic engineering knowledge through;
- preparation of critical literature reviews;
- formulation of conference papers based on prescribed standards;
- documentation of prototype project reports based on specific research projects.
- Create electronic engineering knowledge through;
- conduction of mini-research projects individually or collaboratively;
- foster technopreneurship research in association with the electronic industry;
- development of instructional electronic engineering materials for use by
- Communicate Electronic Engineering Knowledge;
- instructional materials/manuals.
- Think critically and reflectively.
- Demonstrate electronic engineering skills.
- Component level debugging/reworking experience of electronic sub-assemblies and
- Reverse engineer electronic equipment through research.
- Teamwork/Project management skills.
- Versatility/ability to innovate & work in varied environments.
- Global and transnational electronic engineer.
- Broadcast & Telecommunications Systems Engineer
- Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
- Power Electronics Engineer
- Computer Architect
- Control Systems Integrator
- Electrical/Electronic Product Specialist
- Electronic Product Designer
- Field Service Engineer
- Industrial Robot Control Systems Engineer
- Optimization Network Engineer
- Network Designer
- Project Manager
- Engineering Manager, etc.
Each academic year, with the exception of year 3, is divided into two semesters, with each semester being fifteen weeks long, including examination time. Year 3 consists of a study semester of fifteen weeks duration followed by an internship of thirty weeks duration.
In year 1, 2 and 4 the academic year normally commences in August and ends in May.
In year 3, the first semester normally commences in August and ends in December, whilst the internship commences at the beginning of the second semester.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP