Harare Institute of Technology Computer Science
Harare Institute of Technology Computer Science Courses – Computer Science Courses offered at (HIT) Harare Institute of Technology
Find all the Computer Science Course offered at Harare Institute of Technology. Browse through a list of all Computer Science Courses, professional, certificate, diploma and Degree Courses offered at Harare Institute of Technology. Harare Institute of Technology Intake
School of Information Science & Technology – Computer Science
Computer science is a rapidly expanding feature of most engineering and scientific enterprises. Consequently Computer scientists are integral to numerous aspects of our everyday lives and are responsible for advances in many diverse fields in the modern world such as computer security, data communication and networks, weather forecasting, smart phone application development, and gaming. These industries are able to continuously evolve and improve through the work of computer scientists.
The B Tech (Hons) Computer Science programme provides suitable multi-disciplinary training for a career in this important field. The graduates of this programme are computer scientists and technologists who can come up with optimum solutions to computing problems.
- To produce computing graduates with potential to design and develop systems involving the integration of software and hardware devices; innovative approaches to programming and problem solving as well as creative ways to use computers, large scale software systems and computing infrastructure of any organization.
- Produce high technical and scientific graduates to meet the challenges of the knowledge era.
- Provide cost-effective Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-based solutions and value-added services to a variety of organizations and to meet the expectations of stakeholders.
- Advance the frontiers of knowledge and promote the deployment and usage of ICT-based applications for betterment of society.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Mathematics and Physics or Computer Science or any other relevant science subject.
- National Diploma (ND) in Computer Studies or equivalent plus a minimum of two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
Higher National Diploma (HND in Computer Studies or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must comply with Section 3.0 of the General Regulations.
- Mastery of computer networking principles and engineering
- Employ knowledge of software life cycles and developmental phases
- Development of software and scripts in a variety of environments
- Demonstrate knowledge of the architecture of computer systems and the interrelationship between Operating Systems (OS) and the architecture
- Technopreneurship skills
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Leadership skills and proactiveness
- Teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Information management & lifelong learning skills
- Learning skills
- Ethics & integrity
Computer Science has immense applications in the fields of Science, Engineering, Industry and Commerce. After students graduate they are employable in quite a number of areas as:
- Hi-Tech enterprise developers.
- Network and Systems Administrators
- Systems and Applications Programmers
- Computer Engineers
- Artificial Intelligence Specialists
- IT Projects Managers
- Software Engineers
- Security analysts
- Systems auditors
- 0 Data administrators
- Strategic analysts
- Policy analysts
- Air traffic controllers
- Intelligence developers
- Systems designers
The programme is a four year full-time programme of study.
Each academic year, with the exception of year 3, is divided into two semesters, with each semester being fifteen weeks duration, including examination time. Year 3 consists of internship of thirty weeks duration (one academic year). Alternatively there will be an in house training of thirty weeks duration (one academic year).
For year 1, 2 and 4 the academic year (part) normally commences in August and ends in May. A semester will normally comprise 15 weeks, 12 weeks of which are assigned to teaching, 1 week to revision and 2 weeks to examinations.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP