Funza Lushaka Bursary Application 2022/2023
Funza Lushaka Bursary Application 2022/2023. The Process for the Online Funza Lushaka Bursary Application 2022/2023.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is an everlasting initiative programme that is aimed at promoting teaching as a career. Bursaries are there to help chosen students to finish a teaching qualification in areas where there is a need. These bursaries may enable recipients to teach in a public school for the same number of years that they got the bursary.
Application Terms and Conditions for Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Should you have a criminal record, charged with misconduct or dismissed from work, kindly note that you are not eligible to apply for this bursary
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institutions employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public university. The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary. Click here to read the national selection criteria.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification, except for Foundation Phase specialisation.
- Please note that you are responsible for paying your own registration fee, awaiting the outcome of the bursary application. Paying for the registration fee does not mean you will receive the bursary.
- The Bursary Selection Committee meets and processes all bursary applications during February and March of the academic year.
- The Funza Bursary Coordinator at the University will notify you no later than 30 April as to whether you have been awarded the bursary or not.
- The bursary holder is not allowed to change the area of specialisation on which basis the bursary was awarded.
- On qualification, the bursar will be required to take up a provincial teaching post. The bursar will not be granted permission to defer this contractual obligation; for example to continue with full-time Honours studies, nor will the bursar be granted permission to take a “gap” year.
- Bursars will be expected to have and retain an Email address and a cell phone contact number for the duration of the study for communication purposes.
- The bursary must be repaid if the recipient fails to meet the requirements of the bursary agreement.
- The amount that is repayable is the full amount of the bursary received under the programme less one year’s funding for every year spent teaching at a public school. Interest will be charged at the rate determined by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) who administer financial aspects of the bursary on behalf of the Department of Basic Education.
- The bursary awarded is for one academic year at a time. On proof of academic success, the bursary may be renewed each year for the official duration of the qualification. The bursary holder will be required to re-apply from the 1st of October annually.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people, enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching, readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity
Foundation Phase (i.e. Grades R-3): Any of the Language of teaching and learning, or any one of the following Braille, SASL and Neurodevelopmental Needs
Intermediate and Senior Phase (i.e. Grades 4-9): Preference will be given for teaching in TWO majors of the following: Languages, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Technology, Braille, SASL and Neurodevelopmental Needs
FET Phase (i.e. Grades 10-12): Preference will be given for teaching in TWO majors of the following: Accounting, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Technology, Civil Technology, Computer Applications, Electrical Technology, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, Information Technology, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Technology, Physical Sciences, Languages, Technical Mathematics, Technical Sciences, Economics, Braille, SASL and Neurodevelopmental Needs.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP