Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University Bindura
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University Bindura – Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University ZEGU Bindura
Bindura is a town in the province of Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe. It is located in the Mazowe Valley about 88 km north-east of Harare. According to the 1982 Population Census, the town had a population of 18,243. This rose to 21,167 in the 1992 census and in the 2012 census it had reached 46,275. It is the administrative capital of the province. Bindura Nickel, a subsidiary of Mwana Africa plc, mines nickel, copper and cobalt in the area and operates a smelter refinery just south of the town. Cotton and maize is grown intensely in the region. The first basic school in Bindura opened in 1912. See Also: Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University Intake
The perennial Mazowe River runs around Bindura and through the north-eastern perimeter.
Bindura was originally named Kimberley Reefs after the gold mine which was opened in 1901, and changed to Bindura in 1913 when the railway arrived. Bindura is probably an Anglicised version of the Shona Phrase, pindura mhuka, meaning “turn the game”.
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) is a brain child of the founder and president of Zimbabwe Assemblies of God Africa Forward in Faith (ZAOGA F.I.F), Professor Ezekiel Handinawangu Guti, who is also the Chancellor for the University. It is a private Christian University which started in May 2012.
ZEGU is a degree awarding institution accredited by the Zimbabwe Council of Higher Education (ZIMCHE) offering internationally recognised degrees in various faculties. As a Christian University, ZEGU creates a rare opportunity for the development of minds, hearts and hands in the fear of God. In its endeavour to develop a total person who can bring solutions to the world, ZEGU has an academic thrust of entrepreneurial development.
The University is situated in the town of Bindura at 1901 Barrasie Road, off Shamva Road. The uniquely designed state of the art infrastructure consists of four faculties namely, Arts, Commerce and Education and Law. A fifth faculty of Agriculture will soon be added. Each faculty has an educational block comprising of a library, computer laboratory, a lecture theatre and three lecture rooms as well as a separate administration block. Like any other modern university, the libraries provide both physical books and electronic resources. The students also enjoy unlimited access to the internet for their studies.
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP